Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dave's not here

Hello again. It has been a while and I apologize for being so tardy. What I have to say is a quote from Paul's Astronotes. He said it well and in a nutshell. Why should I try to re-invent the wheel?

" Hey, hi, howdy, and welcome to Astronotes #134. No yippy-skippy intro full of yucks this month, but rather a sad note: Dave has left the building.
In an organisation as small as this one, everyone is a key man, and losing anyone is traumatic for both sides. But y'know, it was time. We've both been moving towards this for over a year, discussed it from time to time, and finally took the step.
There's regret, but no hard feelings. You might still run into him here from time to time, as the CDs and videos will still be here, and they're still his. Dave's been a bit of a fixture around the place since around 1988, sometimes working here, sometimes elsewhere, sometimes in competition with us. Another cycle in our lives begins."

So now you are up to snuff on Astro news. All of us are learning new stuff so this got neglected. Sorry folks but I am catching up now.

Have a lovely lovely life

-B-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Betty,

I was a bit surprised to hear this.

I hope I will run into him once in a while.

All the best to Dave on his future endeavors! And many thanks for his great help all these years, but mostly thank you for all those great conversations about anything and everything!

Patrick
C-145

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too was sad to hear about Dave's departure. I've known Dave for more than 20 years, back to the days in Lahr, Germany.

Best of success to Dave in the future !

Mark
C-26

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home