Friday, May 05, 2006

I just finished reading...

Hi Everyone

I haven't had much to say lately (unusual for me) but now I want to share something with you. These days it is rare that I can sit down and read something from cover to cover in one sitting but to-day I did. On Wednsday (new comic day) I got a book in my reserves called "Dragonslippers" by Rosalind B. Penfold. It is about her experience in an abusive relationship that started when she was 35 years old. Funny how we always think that if we are older than 18 or 21 we think we have it all figured out and that we will be fine!

The book is well worth the read if you suspect you may be involved in an abusive relationship, if you are trying to help someone who is in one, or if you simply want to try to understand why anybody would stay in that kind of situation - including "I stayed because of the kids".

Remember that guys get involved in abusive relationships too and also need help seeing it sometimes. If you know one maybe give him a gift of the book. We still have at least one copy on sale at the store and can order more.

I never meant this blog to be used for a book review but I really feel that this book is worth a read!

Have a great day!
-Betty-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home